Finding the perfect beard oil and beard wax can be a challenge, this blog will guide you in making your own beard products to your liking from the comfort of your home!
Beard oil recipe:
- Carrier oils: act as the base of the beard oil, carrier oils have endless nourishing and conditioning properties, our favorite are sweet almond, argan, and jojoba oil due to their immense benefits and a sort of matte dry feel, however any carrier oil can be used to make beard oil.
- Essential oils: they can be added according to their scents, benefits and therapeutic properties. For example if you suffer from a patchy beard peppermint oil is known to both reduce hair loss and restore hair growth.
How to make beard oil: mix the carrier oil/s with a ratio of 90-95% and then add 2-3 drops of essential oil/s. Mix well and there you have it, your own homemade beard oil!
You will need the following ingredients to complete your recipe:
- Beeswax: which will be the base for the mix.
- Shea butter and/or cocoa butter: for their immense nourishing effect and to give the mix a soft texture.
- Carrier oils: to nourish the beard.
- Essential oils: to add a natural scent and concentrated benefits.
How to mix:
- Melt beeswax gently and safely using a double boiler. Keep beeswax uncovered while melting, you don’t want boiling water to condense on the lid and drip into your wax. Do not use a microwave, beeswax can easily reach the flash point and ignite. ( ratio of 40% of the mix)
- Add the butters to the melted beeswax and mix gently. (ratio of .30%)
- Add the carriers to the mix. ( ratio of 20%)
- And finally scent the mix with 2-3 drops of essential oils, or ass preferred.
- Mix the products well together.
- store in a jar and let dry.
Feel free to visit our store for all your needs for any homemade mix in mind!
* measurements can be adjusted for your preferred hold and scent strength, but make sure to abide by the essential oil dilution guide to avoid misuse and irritation.
Essential oils provide comfort, support and aid but should not be used as medicine.