Beeswax is a natural wax produced by honeybees, it has multiple health benefits for both the skin and hair and has been used in lip balm, lip gloss, hand creams, salves, and moisturizers. Beeswax also an important ingredient in beard wax and hair pomades, which make hair look sleek and shiny.
Due to its never ending array of benefits, true utility and flexibility in beauty, beeswax truly has so many uses in skincare, aside from just keeping lips smooth!
The many incredible beeswax benefits for skin include:
- Keeps skin at its natural balance by locking in moisture and keeping it from drying out while controlling the oils on your skin.
- Protects skin from environmental Damage (smoke, toxins, and air pollution).
- Creates a protective barrier over the skin while letting it breathe.
- Rich with vitamin A which helps to heal acne scars and stretch marks.
- Helps with skin cell regeneration.
- Removes blackheads by clearing the pores.
- Reduces inflammation on the skin.
- Anti-inflammatory properties reduce swelling caused by bacteria.
- Antiseptic properties keep the skin clean and free from bacteria.
- Stops itching.
- Anti-allergenic making it suitable for sensitive skin.
HOW TO USE:
Melt beeswax gently by using a double boiler. Keep beeswax uncovered while melting, you don’t want boiling water to condense on the lid and drip into your wax. Do not use a microwave, beeswax can easily reach the flash point and ignite. Add your preferred carrier and essential oils if needed. Then pour the melted beeswax to your chosen container and wait for it to cool down and harden.