Lavender Essential Oil is the #1 oil sold by aromatherapists around the world. It is the very first choice that most people choose and the essential oil aromatherapists recommend the most.
What is the reason for this phenomenon? Why is Lavender Essential Oil the most loved oil? What distinguishes it from the rest of the essential oils?
Lavender Essential Oil has been the most popular since the beginning of the ages as far as we can trace it. The Greeks and Romans perfumed their baths with Lavender and it was a popular facial water between the 14th and 19th Centuries. It was also burned as incense to the gods & goddesses and carried during the plague to ward off the diseases which were so prevalent.
The name Lavender comes from the Latin verb meaning "to Wash." Lavender was essential to everyday living. It is even believed to ward off the evil eye.
Essential Lavender Oil blends well with many other Essential Oils also such as: Bergamot, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Clove, Cypress, Eucalyptus and many more. Some of Essential Lavender Oils properties are: It is analgesic, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-septic, anti-rheumatic, a cell regenerator and a disinfectant.
NOTE: ALWAYS DILUTE ANY ESSENTIAL OIL BEFORE USING ON THE SKIN!
Lavender Essential Oil can be used for so, so many things, I cannot write them all down in one article. But because of its diversity and the ability to be calming or stimulating, depending on its dosage, this has made it the number #1 oil in aromatherapy.
Now, how can you use Essential Lavender Oil? Here are 5 ways as promised:
- Essential Lavender Oil can be used in our Ascent diffusers. Simply add 3-4 drops and sit back and relax.
- Essential Lavender Oil can be placed on a cotton ball and placed inside your pillow at night for sweet, relaxing dreams
- Essential Lavender Oil can be added to your evening bath by adding it to a teaspoon of carrier oil or honey. 10 drops per bath is about right.
- Essential Lavender Oil can be added to a Tissue and then stick it on a fan. The fan will cause the Essential Lavender Oil to permeate the immediate area. This is great if you are stressed out!
- Lastly, Essential Lavender Oil can be added to 15ml of carrier oil and massaged gently into your skin. If you can get a loving partner to do it for you then it will be even more relaxing.