Rūt essentials is all about providing the information you need to benefit from our products in the simplest, safest and most effective way possible.
Essential oils are very concentrated oils that have been extracted from the different parts of plants, including the leaves, stems, flowers, bark, and roots. These oils contain the most powerful condensed healing compounds of a plant.
Using an essential oil directly out of the bottle without any dilution might result in sensitized and irritated skin if used topically. Therefore safety guidelines exist to minimize any risk of irritation and to get the best out of the essential oils benefits.
Diluting will help "carry" the oils into the skin for better absorption, spread further and protect the skin from irritation. The dilution rates displayed below do not suggest that each rate is safe for all essentials oils in all circumstances.
- Make sure to abide by the above chart when creating essential oil mixes.
- These recommended dilutions are for ages 7+.
- Consult a physician prior to use if you are pregnant, nursing, on medication or have a medical condition.
- We do not recommend using dilutions above 5% in topical applications. Except in the case of perfumes where dilution is up to 10%.
- Do not use undiluted essential oils on your skin
- For facial applications such as masks or oils, a 1% or less dilution is recommended. For massages oils and other leave-on body products, we recommend a 2% dilution, and for other rinse-off bath and body products, we recommend 3%.
Essential oils provide comfort, support and aid but should not be used as medicine.