Rose Essential Oil
Split your payment in interest-free installments with cashew upon checkout
Also Available On
face, body & hair
Rose Essential Oil (Rose Oil) – 100% Pure, Natural, Organic Essential Oil
- Botanical Name: Rosa Damascena
- Aroma: Floral, dry, sweet, powdery
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Source: Bulgaria
- Note: Middle Note
Rose Essential Oil of the Rosaceae Plant Family
The rose is the aromatic member of the Rosaceae plant family and it is used to make essential oil (absolute and extract) in aromatherapy for both therapeutic and perfumery purposes.
Chemical families: Monoterpenols
Pain relief, Stress relief, Anxiety, Anti-bacterial, Anti-fungal, Aphrodisiac, Anti-depressant, Skin regenerative, Astringent
Support and calm your mind with our steam distilled Rose Essential Oil. Soothing and sensual, it is known for its skin-enhancing properties and its ability to promote balance and emotional relaxation. It’s a floral delight when you add it to a carrier oil during massages! Rose Essential Oil nurtures uplifting feelings of warmth and comfort: a grounding hug from nature.
Rose Damascena takes its name from the city of Damascus, the capital of Syria. Today, three countries are best known for cultivating this rose: Turkey, Bulgaria, and Morocco. Producing Rose essential oil is highly complex. Harvesting the flowers is done by hand before sunrise. The distillation process takes place the very same day to ensure that the infamous fragrance of the rose is locked in.
One of the top benefits of rose oil is definitely its mood-boosting abilities (it’s also a well-known aphrodisiac and libido-boosting oil!). Add 8 to 10 drops in a diffuser or burner for the ultimate aromatherapy session.
Rose essential oil is a great choice for relieving muscle soreness. You can dilute a few drops in a carrier oil of your choice and use it to massage any areas of the body experiencing soreness after a workout or yoga session.
If you’re experiencing any chest tension or having trouble breathing easily: dilute a few drops of Rose essential oil into a carrier oil of your choice and rub the mixture on your chest. This will promote regular and relaxed breathing.
Mix a few drops of rose essential oil into your favorite skin butter, balm or lotion to create a soothing sweet aroma while keeping your skin moisturized.
Mix rose oil into your shampoo or conditioner —just a couple of drops will do the trick. Or, add a few drops with any carrier oil such as Jojoba, Sweet Almond, or Hempseed Oil and apply to hair roots as a moisture-boosting mask for 1-2 hours before showering.
You can use rose oil in several ways. Dilute it with a carrier oil and rub it on your skin or add a few drops to your shower gel, hot bath, or moisturizer for a splash of rose and hydration. Add it to your body massage oil to reap the moisturizing benefits for the whole body. You can also apply Rose essential oil to your scars when they are healing to promote skin regeneration.
If you suffer from acne, try dabbing one drop of pure rose essential oil on blemishes three times a day. Make sure you use a sterile cotton swab; if the antimicrobial power is too much for you, dilute it slightly with some Rosehip Oil.
What better way to elevate your home experience than with the smell of roses? Roses bring out our emotional side, naturally boosting the essence of love and romance within us. Indulging in rose essential oil home scenting for a beautiful way to show love to yourself and to your loved ones. It is emotionally soothing, known to help improve mood, and can boost your confidence.
In the mood for some romance? Use Rose essential oil in a spray around the house, mist it on pillows or in your room for the ultimate romantic setting!
Mindfulness & Meditation:
For a great grounding or meditation session, we recommend the following oil blend for your diffuser.
- 3 drops of Rose Essential Oil
- 2 drops of Sandalwood Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Frankincense Essential Oil
These essential oils have a calming effect on the body and encourage an overall sense of feeling more relaxed when meditating.
If you close your eyes and inhale this rose aromatherapy blend you might forget that you’re not in a spa. It’s the perfect scent for prayer, meditation, or yoga.
Scalp Massage Oil:
When it comes to the hair and scalp, rose essential oil has the greatest effect at the roots. It nourishes and tones the scalp to promote healthy hair growth. We have a great recipe for a scalp-massage oil that promotes blood flow to the follicles.
Here’s a recipe we recommend:
- 3-4 drops of Rose Essential Oil
- 4-5 tablespoons of Argan Oil
- Massage onto scalp
- Leave it on for at least an hour before showering
- For the best results, keep it overnight
Rose Exfoliating Sugar Scrub:
Exfoliating using this rose essential oil sugar scrub is a lovely experience! Rose essential oil has many skin benefits when used topically. The oil’s antibacterial qualities are known to fight against acne-causing bacteria. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and anti-oxidants, making rose essential oil an amazing choice for an anti-aging essential oil.
Here’s how you can make it:
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Jojoba Oil
- 2-3 drops Rose Essential Oil
- 1-2 drops Jasmine Essential Oil
Rose Bouquet Recipe:
Forget about buying fresh flower bouquets every week. Inspired by a luxurious bouquet of roses, this rose-scented blend has jasmine notes to balance the sensual rose aroma and rich geranium scent.
Add a few drops of Rose essential oil to some cotton wool balls and pop them into your clothes drawers or on a shelf in your wardrobe. This will add a lovely scent to your wardrobe and clothes.
Aroma: Perhaps no flower aroma has been more recognized and used in perfumery as that of a rose. It has been used for centuries as a luxury and a costly perfume. Because of its multilayered complex fragrance, and strong therapeutic properties, rose oil is a great centerpiece to any personal perfume.
Rose oil will add natural sweet warmth; dept and balance to flower blends and it will add richness to any perfume.
– Olfactory Family: Floral Rose
– Note: Middle note
– Strength: Potent
– Perfumes used in: Montale Roses Musk, Chloe Chloe Eau de Parfum, Lancome Idole, Serge Lutens La Fille de Berlin, Elie Saab No.1 Rose, Zara Fashionably London, Carolina Herrera Very Good Girl, Moschino Toy Boy, Jo Malone London Red Roses, Dior Ambre Nuit, Stella McCartney Stella, Lancome Idole Nectar, Tom Ford Noir de Noir, Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet, The Body Shop British Rose, Giorgio Armania Armani Prive Rose d’Arabie, Chloe Chloe Roses de Chloe, Dior Miss Dior Rose n’Roses, Narciso Rodriguez for Her Eau de Parfum, Tom Ford Rose Prick, Balenciaga Florabotanica.
Rose Essential Oil has been used in beauty treatments and to treat health conditions for thousands of years. The rose itself, according to fossil evidence, is around 35 million years old, and its 150 species are thought to originate from throughout the Northern Hemisphere; from Alaska to Mexico and even northern Africa.
Two major species of rose are cultivated for the production of rose oil:
- Rosa damascena, the damask rose, which is widely grown in Bulgaria, Syria, Turkey, Russia, Pakistan, India, Uzbekistan, Iran and China
- Rosa centifolia, the cabbage rose, which is more commonly grown in Morocco, France and Egypt.
Fun Facts About Rose Essential Oil:
- The rose takeover: The gardeners that lived during the Han dynasty were so infatuated with the exquisiteness of the rose that their parks threatened to take over land that was otherwise used for farming.
- The ‘wonder’ oil: The Incas adopted Rose Essential Oil in a multitude of ways, using it as a cure-all remedy.
- A very intricate process: extracting Rose Essential Oil is a highly complex process. The flowers must be harvested manually and before sunrise. Furthermore, the distillation to extract the oil must be done the very same day to ensure that the beautiful well-recognized fragrance of the rose is locked in.
Thirteen clinical trials (772 participants) were included in a review study where Rose oil was administered (inhaled or used on the skin). Most of the studies (five trials) evaluated the pain-relieving effect of rose essential oil. Another five studies assessed the physical relaxation effect of rose essential oil. Anti-depressant, psychological relaxation, improving sexual dysfunction, and anti-anxiety effects were the other clinical properties reported for rose essential oil.
In a 2015 study, childer after surgery were made to inhale Rose Essential Oil or Almond Oil. Those who inhaled rose essential oil described a substantial reduction in their pain levels. Researchers believe that rose essential oil may have induced the release of endorphins by the brain (aka the feel-good hormone). Based on the results of this study, researchers would suggest that aromatherapy using rose essential oil could be a great way to ease post-operative pain in patients while reducing the need for pharmaceutical treatments.
Anti-bacterial & Anti-fungal Properties:
Researchers have found that Rose essential oil can be effectual against a wide range of microorganisms that cause infections. This includes E. coli, as well as some strains of the bacteria that can cause staph infections (Staphylococcus) and strep throat (Streptococcus). Additionally, the study found that rose oil was effective against Candida albicans, which can cause fungal infections in the mouth and gut.
The below table is a general dilution guide for essential oils. Aim for a one to five percent dilution for topical use, and always start small with the number of essential oil drops and increase the dilution ratio as desired.
|10 ml||30 ml||60 ml||120 ml||240 mL|
|0.5%||1 Drop||3 Drop||6 Drop||12 Drop||24 Drop|
|1 %||2 Drop||6 Drop||24 Drop||24 Drop||48 Drop|
|2%||4 Drop||12 Drop||48 Drop||48 Drop||96 Drop|
|3%||6 Drop||18 Drop||72 Drops||72 Drop||144 Drop|
|5%||10 Drop||30 Drop||120 Drop||120 Drop||240 Drop|
|Facial Use||0.2 – 1.5%|
|Body Massage||1.5 – 3%|
|Bath & Body Use||1 – 4%|
|Spot Treatment||3 – 5%|
For external use only. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Avoid contact with eyes. Patch test before use. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use essential oils on children under 5 years old. Consult your healthcare professional before using essential oils during pregnancy or if under a doctor’s care. Store in a cool, dark place.
Shelf Life: 2 years
Babies & Children:
To keep your little one safe, for newborn to 24 months, we recommend that you always check with your paediatrician before introducing a new product to your baby’s routine. Our products have no specified age range; however, remember to store products well away from your infant and child.
Ultrasonic diffusers effectively enhance the air of any environment. We recommend that:
- Less is More: use less essential oils in ultrasonic diffusers
- Diffusion Time: diffuse essential oils for 30-60 minutes on, then 30-60 minutes off
- Air Flow: whenever you are using or diffusing essential oils, offer fresh air with an open window or door
You can use essential oils during pregnancy, but please consult your health care practitioner before use.
Using essential oils on pets:
The ability to tolerate essential oils is dependent on many factors, including plant species, product, dose, and route of application. Essential oil use cases show the most significant risk of toxicity is from direct skin application on your pet’s skin – these same cases also share that a large volume was applied directly and neat (pure without a carrier) to the pet’s skin. Knowing that there is a risk in using these oils on your pet’s fur or skin, we strongly recommend consultation with your veterinarian or animal care specialist prior to applying or exposure to any of our products.
If you’ve chosen to use essential oils around your pet, we first recommend taking note of your pet’s behavior, contacting your vet with any concerns, and the below list of R?t products that we feel are the most pet-friendly:
Single note essential oils:
- Chamomile essential oil
- Lavender essential oil
- Frankincense essential oil
- Clary Sage essential oil
- Geranium essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
Should you choose to use your ultrasonic diffuser in the presence of your pet, we recommend:
- Using only small amounts of essential oils. 1-5 drops are our recommendation
- Ensure the space is well ventilated with a window open slightly for fresh air
- Always keep a door open so that the animal can enter and exit the room easily
- Take note of how your pet responds at all times and if you notice your pet resisting an aroma, discontinue use and move them to a well-ventilated space
- Be particularly mindful of pets that are in cages or enclosed spaces (including birds and small rodents) as they cannot leave the room if they become uncomfortable
Domestic Shipping Policy (UAE): Shipment processing time
All orders are processed within 2-3 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays. Estimated delivery time 3-5 business days.
International Shipping Policy: Shipment processing time
All orders are processed within 2-3 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays. Estimated delivery time 8-15 business days.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone.
View full shipping information and policy here: http://rutessentials.com/shipping-policy/