Ginger Essential Oil
Split your payment in interest-free installments with cashew upon checkout
Also Available On
face, body & hair
Ginger Essential Oil (Ginger Oil) – 100% Pure, Natural, Organic Essential Oil
- Botanical Name: Zingiber Officinale
- Aroma: Herbaceous, Earthy, Sweet, Spicy
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Source: Sri Lanka
- Note: Top Note
- Headaches, Focus, Nausea, Pain-relief, Hair Care, Energizing, Stimulating, Digestion
Zingiberaceae, the ginger family of flowering plants, the largest family of the order Zingiberales, containing about 56 genera and about 1,300 species. These aromatic herbs grow in moist areas of the tropics and subtropics, including some regions that are seasonably dry.
Chemical families: Zingiberaceae
Ginger essential oil is obtained from the root of the ginger plant, a member of the broader Zingiberaceae family. Widely known for adding spice and flavor to many popular dishes, the ginger root has a variety of benefits and uses that reach far beyond the culinary realm. Ginger oil has a distinct aroma that can be described as strong, warm, or spicy. As such, it’s often used for aromatherapy. Ginger oil can also be used in a variety of applications in the skin and hair.
One of the top benefits of Ginger Essential oil is definitely its mood-boosting and stress-reducing abilities. Add 8 to 10 drops in a diffuser or burner for the ultimate aromatherapy session.
Alternatively, you can take a few sniffs directly from the bottle of ginger essential oil for a quick pick-me-upper.
No more pain:
If you are wondering if Ginger oil is good for pain, the answer is a resounding “yes!” Ginger essential oil is a very effective natural painkiller and muscle relaxant. It is known to reduce muscle soreness, relieve joint pain, soothe tired muscles, relieve sprain, and reduce back pain. To reap those benefits, simply dilute some Ginger Essential oil in any carrier oil you like and massage the affected area. Its warming effects will help soothe any muscle soreness.
Ginger is a bit of a wonder ingredient. Using the essential oil can be completely grounding, settling and calming. It reduces deep tension yet it is also revitalizing and regenerative.
Thanks to its soothing properties, Ginger oil can help reduce occasional nausea. Simply inhale it from the bottle or diffuse a few drops in the room to alleviate any feelings of nausea. You can also dilute it in a carrier oil and rub it on your chest and abdomen for similar results.
Thanks to its soothing properties, Ginger oil can keep your scalp healthy and promote good circulation, resulting in enhanced hair growth.
Used in cosmetic applications, Ginger Essential Oil is known to inhibit cellular oxidation that is responsible for skin damage and signs of aging. Always make sure to dilute it in a carrier oil.
You can add a few drops of Ginger essential oil to your washing machine or when drying your clothes to make them smell beyond wonderful!
Meditate & Concentrate:
For a great grounding or meditation session, we recommend the following oil blend for your diffuser.
- 3 drops of Ginger Essential Oil
- 2 drops of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Sweet Orange Essential Oil
These essential oils have a calming effect on the body and encourage an overall sense of feeling more relaxed when meditating.
This makes a beautiful oil blend to use in roll on bottles, with unscented lotion, or for diffusers.
- 3 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- 2 drops Ginger Essential Oil
- 2 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Need a morning boost of energy? Forget the coffee, try diffusing these oils instead:
- 4 drops Clary Sage Essential Oil
- 3 drops Ginger Essential Oil
- 2 drops Patchouli Essential Oil
Create a beautiful natural vibe in your home with this diffuser blend – it will make you feel like you’re taking a spring hike in a forest.
- 4 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 3 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 2 drops Ginger Essential Oil
Start your morning with a sun salutation and a meditation while diffusing this blend:
- 2 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 2 drops Ginger Essential Oil
Soothe any sore muscles with this wonderful DIY Massage oil:
- 5 drops Ginger Essential Oil
- 5 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 3 drops Cinnamon Essential Oil
- 2 tablespoons Jojoba Oil
Put them in a bottle and shake it well then use like any other body oil.
Add a few drops of Ginger essential oil to some cotton wool balls and pop them into your clothes drawers or on a shelf in your wardrobe. This will add a lovely scent to your wardrobe and clothes.
Aroma: widely used in cooking, ginger has also been used in perfumery for several decades. With its subtle and spicy scent, this root has conquered almost every nose in search of freshness. A spice with many virtues, ginger stands out with its contrasting nuances that are as surprising as they are addictive.
It blends well with bergamot, cedarwood, chamomile, cypress, frankincense, geranium, grapefruit, jasmine, juniper, lavender, lemon, mandarin, patchouli, pine, rose, sandalwood, and tea tree oil.
– Olfactory Family: Herbaceous, Earthy, Sweet, Spicy
– Note: Top note
– Strength: Strong
– Perfumes used in: Yves Saint Laurent L’Homme, Serge Lutens Five O’Clock Au Gingembre, Amouroud White Hinoki, Hermes Au Jardin Apres La Mousson, Roger & Gallet Gingembre, The Different Company Bergamote, Hermes Twilly D’Hermes, Origins Ginger Essence, Heretic Parfums Dirty Ginger, Clean Reserve Avant Garden Hemp & Ginger.
For thousands of years, Ginger Root has been used in folk medicine for its ability to soothe inflammation, fevers, colds, respiratory discomforts, nausea, menstrual complaints, upset stomachs, arthritis, and rheumatism. It has also traditionally been used as an anti-microbial food preservative that prevents the growth of harmful bacteria, and it has been used as a spice for its flavoring and digestive properties. In Ayurvedic medicine, Ginger Oil has traditionally been believed to soothe emotional difficulties such as nervousness, sadness, low self-confidence, and a lack of enthusiasm.
Used in aromatherapy applications, Ginger Oil is known for its stimulating and warming effects, which can enhance concentration while soothing and reducing the feelings of stress, sadness, anxiety, lethargy, agitation, dizziness, and fatigue.
Fun Facts About Ginger Essential Oil:
- Ginger oil has been used for many years to ease nausea, menstrual discomfort, upset stomach, anxiety, muscle soreness, and joint pain.
- Ginger is actually a rhizome, not a root. A rhizome is an underground stem.
- Ginger can be cultivated all year round. However, the best time to plant them is at the end winter and early spring.
- A ginger plant can grow up to 4 ft. tall.
Ginger and ginger oil have also been used to help ease the following conditions:
Studies have begun to investigate the anti-inflammatory effects of ginger oil. Although many of these studies have been in animals, the results could have implications for a variety of conditions.
Inhaling the aroma from ginger oil has been used as a way to relieve nausea. Study results looking into this use have been mixed.
A 2015 looked at the suitability of several essential oils, including ginger oil, for use in antiwrinkle cream. Ginger oil, along with other essential oils, was found to have high antioxidant activity.
The below table is a general dilution guide for essential oils. Aim for a one to five percent dilution for topical use, and always start small with the number of essential oil drops and increase the dilution ratio as desired.
|10 ml||30 ml||60 ml||120 ml||240 mL|
|0.5%||1 Drop||3 Drop||6 Drop||12 Drop||24 Drop|
|1 %||2 Drop||6 Drop||24 Drop||24 Drop||48 Drop|
|2%||4 Drop||12 Drop||48 Drop||48 Drop||96 Drop|
|3%||6 Drop||18 Drop||72 Drops||72 Drop||144 Drop|
|5%||10 Drop||30 Drop||120 Drop||120 Drop||240 Drop|
|Facial Use||0.2 – 1.5%|
|Body Massage||1.5 – 3%|
|Bath & Body Use||1 – 4%|
|Spot Treatment||3 – 5%|
- Use 6-12 drops in a diffuser
- Add 2-5% to hair oil
- Dab on to wrist, temples, behind ears, back of neck, feet etc
- Add 1-2% to body oil
- Take a whiff from the bottle
- Add a few drops to bath water
For external use only. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Avoid contact with eyes. Patch test before use. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use essential oils on children under 5 years old. Consult your healthcare professional before using essential oils during pregnancy or if under a doctor’s care. Store in a cool, dark place.
Shelf Life: 2 years
Babies & Children:
To keep your little one safe, for newborn to 24 months, we recommend that you always check with your pediatrician before introducing a new product to your baby’s routine. Our products have no specified age range; however, remember to store products well away from your infant and child.
Ultrasonic diffusers effectively enhance the air of any environment. We recommend that:
- Less is More: use less essential oils in ultrasonic diffusers
- Diffusion Time: diffuse essential oils for 30-60 minutes on, then 30-60 minutes off
- Air Flow: whenever you are using or diffusing essential oils, offer fresh air with an open window or door
You can use essential oils during pregnancy, but please consult your health care practitioner before use.
Using essential oils on pets:
The ability to tolerate essential oils is dependent on many factors, including plant species, product, dose, and route of application. Essential oil use cases show the most significant risk of toxicity is from direct skin application on your pet’s skin – these same cases also share that a large volume was applied directly and neat (pure without a carrier) to the pet’s skin. Knowing that there is a risk in using these oils to your pet’s fur or skin, we strongly recommend consultation with your veterinarian or animal care specialist prior to applying or exposure to any of our products.
If you’ve chosen to use essential oils around your pet, we first recommend taking note of your pets behavior, contacting your vet with any concerns, and the below list of R?t products that we feel are the most pet-friendly:
Single note essential oils:
- Clary Sage
Should you choose to use your ultrasonic diffuser in the presence of your pet, we recommend:
- Using only small amounts of essential oils. 1-5 drops are our recommendation
- Ensure the space is well ventilated with a window open slightly for fresh air
- Always keep a door open so that the animal can enter and exit the room easily
- Take note of how your pet responds at all times and if you notice your pet resisting an aroma, discontinue use and move them to a well-ventilated space
- Be particularly mindful of pets that are in cages or enclosed spaces (including birds and small rodents) as they cannot leave the room if they become uncomfortable
Domestic Shipping Policy (UAE): Shipment processing time
All orders are processed within 2-3 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays. Estimated delivery time 3-5 business days.
International Shipping Policy: Shipment processing time
All orders are processed within 2-3 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays. Estimated delivery time 8-15 business days.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone.
View full shipping information and policy here: http://rutessentials.com/shipping-policy/