Marjoram Essential Oil
Split your payment in interest-free installments with cashew upon checkout
Warm, sweet, and herbal our Marjoram Essential Oil has been used for centuries. Marjoram Essential Oil is a powerful natural ingredient to incorporate into your daily routines. For a relaxing post-workout bath, blend Marjoram and Lavender Essential Oils to any carrier oil of your choice, then add them to your bathwater.
face, body & hair
Marjoram Essential Oil (Marjoram Oil) – 100% Pure, Natural, Organic Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Origanum Majorana
- Aroma: sweet, herbaceous, woody, spicy
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled from marjoram leaves and flowering tops
- Source: Spain
- Note: Middle Note
Muscle relaxant, Muscular and abdominal pain, Headaches, Menstrual and menopausal symptoms, Bruises, Gastrointestinal disorders, Indigestion, Constipation, Spasms, Insomnia, Stress, Anxiety
Marjoram belongs to a plant family called Lamiaceae (previously Labiatae): the mint family.
Marjoram, also known as sweet marjoram, is an aromatic herb in the mint family that has been grown in the Mediterranean, North Africa, and Western Asia for thousands of years. While similar to oregano, it has a milder flavor and is often used to garnish salads, soups, and meat dishes
Chemical families: Lamiaceae
If you’re not familiar with marjoram, you likely know its close cousin — oregano. The scent of marjoram, fairly similar to that of thyme, is more delicate than that of oregano. Warm, sweet, and herbal our Marjoram Essential Oil has been used for centuries. Marjoram Essential Oil is a powerful natural ingredient to incorporate into your daily routines. Marjoram Essential Oil is quite balancing to the body and the mind. Emotionally, Marjoram Oil is helpful for use with stress, anxiety and grief.
Marjoram essential oil is extracted by steam distillation of both fresh and dried leaves of the marjoram plant (Origanum majorana). It is also known as knotted marjoram. It is a plant that belongs to the Mediterranean region and has been well-known for its medicinal uses for many years.
The marjoram plant, Origanum majorana, is an herbaceous perennial that is a member of the Lamiaceae family. This plant can grow to be one to two feet in height and can spread an equal distance. This plant is busy with fragrant, ovate leaves that are gray-green in color.
If you’re looking for a versatile essential oil that has a wide variety of uses, marjoram essential oil may be just what you’re looking for. This oil has a soothing and calming aroma, making it perfect for use in aromatherapy. It can also be used to ease muscle tension and pain. Marjoram essential oil is also effective against inflammation and can help improve respiratory function.
One of the top benefits of Marjoram Essential Oil is definitely its relaxing & mood-boosting abilities. Add 8 to 10 drops in a diffuser or burner for the ultimate aromatherapy session.
Marjoram oil may reduce the pain associated with colds, fevers, inflammation, overexertion of muscles, toothaches, and headaches.
Calm and Relax:
Marjoram oil is an exceptional and valued oil because of the broad range benefits for the body. One of the most noteworthy benefits Marjoram essential oil is its positive effect on the nervous system. Marjoram oil is also known for its calming properties.
While working on lengthy, concentrated projects, apply Marjoram essential oil to your pulse points or temples to decrease feelings of stress. Marjoram oil contains calming properties that help relax emotions during stressful moments. Applying Marjoram essential oil on your skin (while diluting it with a carrier oil) can help calm you through stressful tasks and situations.
Post-workout pain relief:
Thanks to Marjoram essential oil’s anti-inflammatory properties, you can add it to a massage oil and massage any sore muscles after a good workout or yoga session. This will help ease any pains – including joint pains.
Before reaching out to your medicine cabinet, try rubbing some Marjoram Essential Oil to your temples. This will help alleviate any migraine or headache you may be experiencing.
Cuts & wounds:
Marjoram Essential Oil should be a staple in your first-aid kit. Since it has anti-bacterial and healing properties, it can help speed up wounds healing, along with any cuts or even insect bites. It can also reduce the appearance of scarring since it stimulates the regeneration of skin cells.
Ditch the chemicals:
Marjoram Essential oil’s anti-septic properties make it an ideal choice for those looking to switch from harmful household chemicals to more natural alternatives. You can use it to clean surfaces around the house or spray it to kill any bacteria in the air.
Pinene and monoterpenes present in Marjoram Essential Oil make it an effective insect repellent. Studies show that it successfully repels a wide range of insects including mosquitoes, ticks, and spider mites. It is also useful for deterring harmful insects that infest your garden.
Marjoram essential oil works as a natural digestive stimulant and lowers the risk of stomach ulcers, constipation, indigestion, flatulence, and other foodborne illness.
The analgesic properties of marjoram oil offer relief from symptoms associated with PMS such as headache, abdominal cramps, and mood swings.
Cold and Flu:
Since Marjoram contains natural expectorant traits, it is effective in providing relief from nasal congestion and combats common cold, cough and viral infections.
You can add a few drops of Marjoram essential oil to your washing machine or when drying your clothes to make them smell beyond wonderful!
Focus & Memory:
This oil blend has the ability to improve concentration and reduce mental fatigue. It’s perfect for those that find themselves easily distracted or daydreaming at work.
- 5 drops of Marjoram essential oil
- 2 drops of Cinnamon Essential Oil
- 2 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
Turn a frown upside down:
If you’re having a down day or just feeling blue, we recommend this blend for an express mood-boost!
- 4 drops Clary Sage Essential Oil
- 2 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 2 drops Marjoram essential oil
Quiet the mind and body:
Use this massage oil blend to help calm and relax your mind and body during stressful times:
- 8 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 8 drops Lavender essential oil
- 4 drops Marjoram essential oil
- 4 drops Sandalwood essential oil
- 2 oz Jojoba Oil
Directions: Add essential oils to glass bottle, fill rest of bottle with jojoba oil (or carrier oil of choice). Apply to chest, neck and arms as desired.
Sweet Sleep Blend:
Enjoy this blend right before bedtime to send you off to slumber land:
- 3 drops marjoram essential oil
- 2 drops juniper berry essential oil
- 2 drops cedarwood essential oil
End of day relaxation:
Add this blend to your diffuser after a long, tiring day:
- 8 drops Lavender essential oil
- 4 drops Marjoram essential oil
- 2 drops Sweet orange essential oil
Pre and Post Exercise Massage Oil:
Treat your muscles with this exquisite massage oil:
- 8 drops Marjoram essential oil
- 6 drops Ginger essential oil
- 2 drops Lavender essential oil
- 2 oz Hempseed oil
Add all these to a bottle and shake well, then use like any regular massage oil.
DIY Headache Roller:
Ease any headache or migraine with this roller bottle blend:
- 3 drops Marjoram essential oil
- 2 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 1 drop Lemon essential oil
Ease joint pain:
Stiff and painful joints can really get in your way while carrying out your daily routine. Try this blend to take the edge off:
- 6 drops marjoram essential oil
- 4 drops rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 2 oz Argan oil
Combine the ingredients in a bottle, shake and apply as needed.
Add a few drops of Marjoram essential oil to some cotton wool balls and pop them into your clothes drawers or on a shelf in your wardrobe. This will add a lovely scent to your wardrobe and clothes.
Aroma: Although we often consider Marjoram Essential oil as a culinary or medicinal herb, Marjoram, unexpectedly, is quite frequently used in the perfume industry as well. It blends well with:
- Tea tree
- Sweet orange
- Ylang ylang
– Olfactory Family: Herbaceous, Strong, Sweet, Spicy
– Note: Middle Note
– Strength: Medium to strong
– Perfumes used in: Jicky by Guerlain, Eau Sauvage by Dior, Tonka Impériale by Guerlain, Fleur de Sel by Miller Harris, Versace Pour femme Dylan Blue, Vivienne Westwood Naughty Alice, Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Extreme Top G Note, Davidoff Cool Water Reborn, Lush Junk, Bois 1920 Fruttata, Lush Pansy, Milano Fragranze Basilica.
It is believed that marjoram originally came from the Mediterranean region and Anatoila (Asia Minor) and has been used since ancient times. The ancient Greeks used this as a natural treatment for many ailments. They believed it helped heal from poison, convulsions and edema. They called this herb joy mountain and crowned young couples with it during wedding ceremonies.
It was once believed that marjoram helped to nurture love. This herb was added to food to promote civility and love. Women carried this herb around in bags and it was placed around homes for the sweet fragrance. It was also used in “love spells.” A young woman would place marjoram under her pillow at night believing that the herb would help reveal her future husband while she was dreaming.
Marjoram eventually made its way to England where they used it in beer and tobacco. It was used as an ingredient in snuff to add a bit of minty flavor. Marjoram was also frequently used in beer for taste and to act as a preservative.
Fun Facts About Marjoram Essential Oil:
- Marjoram is mainly used as a culinary herb, but is also medicinally valuable due to its stimulant and antispasmodic properties.
- In Roman times, it was believed that large doses could induce sleep and ward off evil spirits.
- An ancient legend says that the herb helps strengthen the heart, which is why ancient Greeks gave it to their maidens before they were married.
- In ancient Egypt, marjoram was used to disinfect and preserve food.
- Marjoram is used as a remedy for chest infection, cough, sore throat.
- It is an excellent herb to prepare pickles.
- Dried flowering tops are used for sachets and potpourris.
This powerful oil is supportive to the immune, digestive and nervous system. It also has strong analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties that are healing to muscles and bones. Some studies have shown that Marjoram oil can help with the below conditions:
- Eases cold and flu symptoms due to its decongestant action
- Promotes peace and sleep
- Warming effects on emotions and the body
- Relieves sore muscles and bodily stiffness
- Valuable aid for women’s health, including menstrual cramps
- Strengthens the lungs and clears congestion
- Restores an inner sense of courage and confidence
- Eases unwanted muscle spasms and inspires activity
- Improves circulation
- Helps promote a calming atmosphere
- Brings comfort during times of great distress or emotional grief
- Reduces the presence of unwanted bacteria, fungus, and viruses
The below table is a general dilution guide for essential oils. Aim for a one to five percent dilution for topical use, and always start small with the number of essential oil drops and increase the dilution ratio as desired.
|10 ml||30 ml||60 ml||120 ml||240 mL|
|0.5%||1 Drop||3 Drop||6 Drop||12 Drop||24 Drop|
|1 %||2 Drop||6 Drop||24 Drop||24 Drop||48 Drop|
|2%||4 Drop||12 Drop||48 Drop||48 Drop||96 Drop|
|3%||6 Drop||18 Drop||72 Drops||72 Drop||144 Drop|
|5%||10 Drop||30 Drop||120 Drop||120 Drop||240 Drop|
|Facial Use||0.2 – 1.5%|
|Body Massage||1.5 – 3%|
|Bath & Body Use||1 – 4%|
|Spot Treatment||3 – 5%|
– Marjoram is a perfect oil to add to soothing massage blends for targeting tired and stressed muscles.
– Have a difficult or strenuous task you need to accomplish? Apply a few drops to our earth ceramic diffuser, place it on your desk or workspace, and inhale the aroma as you keep on task.
– Apply to muscles before and after exercising, add 1 to 2 drops to unscented lotion or body oil.
– Inhale to calm the nerves and ease tension.
– Diffuse while studying to stay relaxed and focused.
– Place 1 to 2 drops on the shower floor just before you get in to support a healthy mind and body.
– Place one drop in the palm of hand, rub hands together then deeply inhale the aroma to relieve stress.
For external use only. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Avoid contact with eyes. Patch test before use. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use essential oils on children under 5 years old. Consult your healthcare professional before using essential oils during pregnancy or if under a doctor’s care. Store in a cool, dark place.
Shelf Life: 2 years
Babies & Children:
To keep your little one safe, for newborn to 24 months, we recommend that you always check with your paediatrician before introducing a new product to your baby’s routine. Our products have no specified age range; however, remember to store products well away from your infant and child.
Ultrasonic diffusers effectively enhance the air of any environment. We recommend that:
- Less is More: use less essential oils in ultrasonic diffusers
- Diffusion Time: diffuse essential oils for 30-60 minutes on, then 30-60 minutes off
- Air Flow: whenever you are using or diffusing essential oils, offer fresh air with an open window or door
You can use essential oils during pregnancy, but please consult your health care practitioner before use.
Using essential oils on pets:
The ability to tolerate essential oils is dependent on many factors, including plant species, product, dose, and route of application. Essential oil use cases show the most significant risk of toxicity is from direct skin application on your pet’s skin – these same cases also share that a large volume was applied directly and neat (pure without a carrier) to the pet’s skin. Knowing that there is a risk in using these oils to your pet’s fur or skin, we strongly recommend consultation with your veterinarian or animal care specialist prior to applying or exposure to any of our products.
If you’ve chosen to use essential oils around your pet, we first recommend taking note of your pets behavior, contacting your vet with any concerns, and the below list of Rūt products that we feel are the most pet-friendly:
Single note essential oils:
- Clary Sage
Should you choose to use your ultrasonic diffuser in the presence of your pet, we recommend:
- Using only small amounts of essential oils. 1-5 drops are our recommendation
- Ensure the space is well ventilated with a window open slightly for fresh air
- Always keep a door open so that the animal can enter and exit the room easily
- Take note of how your pet responds at all times and if you notice your pet resisting an aroma, discontinue use and move them to a well-ventilated space
- Be particularly mindful of pets that are in cages or enclosed spaces (including birds and small rodents) as they cannot leave the room if they become uncomfortable
Domestic/Local Shipping Policy (within the UAE): Shipment processing time
All orders are processed within 2-3 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays. Estimated delivery time 3-5 business days.
International Shipping Policy (countries outside the UAE): Shipment processing time
All orders are processed within 2-3 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays. Estimated delivery time 8-15 business days.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone.
View full shipping information and policy here: http://rutessentials.com/shipping-policy/