Known for its warm and comforting scent, Cinnamon essential oil is steam distilled from the cassia bark, leaves, and twigs. When inhaled, it provides a stimulating effect that promotes a fresh and uplifting feeling. This oil is very potent and powerful in therapeutic qualities; it detoxifies the body, diminishes physical and mental exhaustion, and brings warmth and sensuality into the room.
There are so many oils we love, but cinnamon oil is one of our favorites, especially around the holidays. The scent of cinnamon will bring out your holiday spirit in no time!
Here are a few ways you can use it:
- Feeling down? Diffuse some cinnamon oil in your home or office to lift your mood.
- Do you have cold feet at night? Add a drop (diluted) to your feet just before bed!
- Having difficulty with concentration and focus? Diffuse a blend of 2 drops cinnamon, 2 drops rosemary and 5 drops lemon. Just smelling cinnamon has been shown to improve brain activity.
- Feeling achy? Add a drop to a carrier oil to relax tight muscles, ease painful joints and relieve menstrual cramps.
- Use it to treat bites and stings! Dilute 1 drop of cinnamon and one drop of lavender with a carrier oil.
Also, you can try experimenting and making your own blend – here’s what blends well with Cinnamon Essential oil: Frankincense, Ginger, Orange, and Ylang Ylang essential oil.