Every once in a while I run across a fact about essential oil that I find very interesting. I write it down with the hope of sharing it with you. Sometimes they just don’t easily fit into a Blog but I keep saving them. Today I was thinking it would fun to just share these facts with you and see if you enjoy them as much as I do.
So, here it goes! Did you know…
- Essential oils are not necessarily oils. They are actually concentrated nutrients from plants.
- A single drop of peppermint essential oil is equivalent to 28 cups of peppermint tea.
- Each essential oil contains several to several hundred different kinds of molecules, each of which offers benefits in promoting good health, healing and regeneration.
- There are different strains of plants, as well as different ways of extraction, which can result in a different level of purity, color and the way the oil will work best.
- Testing the purity of your oil is best done by placing a drop on construction paper. If there is nothing left behind after 15 minutes, it is pure. If there is an oil ring, it is not pure.
- The sense of smell is the first of all our senses to develop.
- Less than 1 percent of the entire plant species population produces essential oil.
- There are five drops of lemon essential oil in one lemon.
- It wasn’t until the 20thcentury that the term “aromatherapy” was used.
- Essential oils cannot be patented.