Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Split your payment in interest-free installments with cashew upon checkout
face, body & hair
Eucalyptus Essential Oil (Eucalyptus Oil) – 100% Pure, Natural, Organic Essential Oil
- Botanical Name: Eucalyptus Globulus
- Aroma: Minty, Fresh, Strong
- Extraction Method: Steam distilled
- Source: Australia
- Note: Top Note
Headaches, Decongestion, Focus, Nausea, Pain-relief, Hair Care, Energizing, Stimulating, Insect Bites , Allergies, Digestion
Myrtaceae, the myrtle family of shrubs and trees, in the order Myrtales, containing about 150 genera and 3,300 species that are widely distributed in the tropics. They have rather leathery evergreen leaves with oil glands.
Eucalyptus oil is the generic name for distilled oil from the leaf of Eucalyptus, a genus of the plant family Myrtaceae native to Australia and cultivated worldwide.
Chemical families: Myrtaceae
Instantly energizing, refreshing and reinvigorating, Eucalyptus Essential Oil has been a go-to for centuries. Potent in cleansing properties, it was used by the Aborigines for a multitude of uses, even as an effective bug repellent! Its penetrative aroma helps you stay sharp and focused throughout the day, it also promotes easy breathing. Additional benefits include hydration for the skin and scalp.
One of the top benefits of Eucalyptus Essential oil is definitely its mood-boosting and invigorating abilities. Add 8 to 10 drops in a diffuser or burner for the ultimate aromatherapy session.
No more headaches:
Eucalyptus Essential Oil is ideal for use as a natural remedy for alleviating headaches. By adding a few drops to your forehead, this oil can promote circulation, relax any muscle tension you may be experiencing and even cause a numbing effect to soothe the pain (thanks to its cool minty feel). Make sure to dilute it when applying it topically with a carrier oil of your choice.
No more pain:
If you are wondering if Eucalyptus oil is good for pain, the answer is a resounding “yes!” Eucalyptus essential oil is a very effective natural painkiller and muscle relaxant. It is known to reduce muscle soreness, relieve joint pain, soothe tired muscles, relieve sprain, and reduce back pain. To reap those benefits, simply dilute some Eucalyptus Essential oil in any carrier oil you like and massage the affected area.
Ideal for clearing up your airways and supporting your lungs, Eucalyptus Essential Oil helps you clear any nasal congestion. Its anti-microbial properties make it perfect for fighting respiratory tract infections too. You can also use it to reduce sinusitis.
It’s no coincidence that most toothpastes are mint flavored. Tried and true for well over 1,000 years, the Eucalyptus plant has been used to naturally freshen breath. This is probably due to the way Eucalyptus Essential oil kills bacteria and fungus that can lead to cavities or infection.
Focus & Energy:
For a non-toxic alternative to unhealthy energy drinks, take a few whiffs of Eucalyptus essential oil. It helps boost your energy levels and increase your focus. It increases alertness and drives away the feelings of exhaustion and weariness.
Ditch the chemicals:
Eucalyptus Essential oil is a natural antiseptic with strong anti-microbial qualities. Eucalyptus Essential oil kills unsafe surface bacteria and airborne ones while leaving a fresh smell sure to tantalize your senses.
Repels rats and cockroaches:
Most insect repellants in the market are filled with harsh chemicals and pose a health risk. Eucalyptus Essential Oil is a much safer and entirely natural alternative to conventional insecticides for repelling rats, cockroaches, and insects.
You can add a few drops of Eucalyptus essential oil to your washing machine or when drying your clothes to make them smell beyond wonderful!
Meditate & Concentrate:
For a great grounding or meditation session, we recommend the following oil blend for your diffuser.
- 3 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 2 drops of Clary Sage Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Lavender Essential Oil
These essential oils have a calming effect on the body and encourage an overall sense of feeling more relaxed when meditating.
If you close your eyes and inhale this blend, you will have the most satisfying and deep breath of your life!
- 2 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 2 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Lemon Essential Oil
Use this recipe to treat head lice. Massage into hair and scalp and allow it to sit for at least 45 minutes before washing.
- 10-15 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 20-40 drops Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 20-30 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 100 ML Neem Oil
If you have a cold or flu and need to clear out your nasal passages, simply boil a pot of water or use a steam inhaler – add the below and take deep breaths:
Add a few drops of Eucalyptus essential oil to some cotton wool balls and pop them into your clothes drawers or on a shelf in your wardrobe. This will add a lovely scent to your wardrobe and clothes.
Aroma: Eucalyptus Essential Oil has a fresh and minty aroma. Although it’s mainly known and recognized for its therapeutic and antiseptic applications, Eucalyptus Essential Oil is also prized in the world of perfumes and fragrances. Thanks to its fresh and clean aroma, you can usually easily identify its presence in soaps, mouthwashes, detergents, bath products, personal care products, and perfumes.
It blends well with Lavender, Clary Sage, Peppermint, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Cedarwood, Frankincense, Pine, Cypress, Ginger, Geranium, Marjoram, Juniper Berry, Orange, Lemon, Grapefruit, Chamomile.
– Olfactory Family: Minty, Strong, Fresh
– Note: Top note
– Strength: Strong
– Perfumes used in: Calvin Klein Contradiction, Frederic Malle Carnal Flower, Yardley English Lavender, Monsieur Worth, Rose Poire L’occitane en Provence, La Botanique 33 Abyssae L’artisan Parfumeur, Polo Sport Ralph Lauren, Bermuda Tonic Aramis.
Australia’s Eucalyptus Oil production began in 1860 in an area near Melbourne in Australia’s South. The oil was soon exported to Europe, Asia, and North America. Shortly thereafter, seeds were distributed globally, but particularly to China, Portugal, and South America. Today, Eucalyptus is mainly grown in Spain, China, South Africa, Portugal, Chile, and Russia.
Eucalyptus oil, later considered to be an essential oil, was used in respiratory medicine. The oil became a popular household remedy for ulcers, burns, and wounds. Modern uses of eucalyptus oil still extend to medical treatments, yet its pleasing fragrance has made it valuable in both the beauty and wellness world.
Fun Facts About Eucalyptus Essential Oil:
- You can actually “see” the oil in a eucalyptus leaf – if you hold it up to the light, you will see tiny pin pricks of white or yellow, which is the oil in the tissue of the leaf. If you crush the leaf in your fingers you can also feel and smell the oil.
- Eucalyptus oil is a renewable & sustainable resource – trees regrow again and again after being harvested – in fact, some of them have been harvested for more than 100 years.
- Before European settlement, Eucalyptus oil had long been valued by indigenous Australians who used the leaves for various medicinal purposes. But it wasn’t until Yorkshire pharmacist Joseph Bosisto immigrated in 1848 and became obsessed with the powers of this native plant that eucalyptus oil as a medicinal product became a reality.
For many years, eucalyptus oil has been used to relieve coughing. Today, some over-the-counter cough medications have eucalyptus oil as one of their active ingredients. Vicks VapoRub, for example, contains about 1.2 percent eucalyptus oil along with other cough suppressant ingredients.
The popular rub is applied to the chest and throat to relieve cough symptoms from the common cold or flu.
Recent Studies have found that the oil of the eucalyptus plant has antimicrobial properties against the following pathogens:
- S. aureus
- Streptococcus pyogenes (S. pyogenes)
- Salmonella typhi (S. typhi)
- Shigella spp.
- E. coli
- P. aeruginosa
The below table is a general dilution guide for essential oils. Aim for a one to five percent dilution for topical use, and always start small with the number of essential oil drops and increase the dilution ratio as desired.
|10 ml||30 ml||60 ml||120 ml||240 mL|
|0.5%||1 Drop||3 Drop||6 Drop||12 Drop||24 Drop|
|1 %||2 Drop||6 Drop||24 Drop||24 Drop||48 Drop|
|2%||4 Drop||12 Drop||48 Drop||48 Drop||96 Drop|
|3%||6 Drop||18 Drop||72 Drops||72 Drop||144 Drop|
|5%||10 Drop||30 Drop||120 Drop||120 Drop||240 Drop|
|Facial Use||0.2 – 1.5%|
|Body Massage||1.5 – 3%|
|Bath & Body Use||1 – 4%|
|Spot Treatment||3 – 5%|
- Use 6-12 drops in a diffuser
- Add 2-5% to hair oil
- Dab on to wrist, temples, behind ears, back of neck, feet etc
- Add 1-2% to body oil
- Take a whiff from the bottle
- Add a few drops to bath water
- Add 20-40 drops to 100ml rubbing alcohol
For external use only. Do not use undiluted on the skin. Avoid contact with eyes. Patch test before use. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use essential oils on children under 5 years old. Consult your healthcare professional before using essential oils during pregnancy or if under a doctor’s care. Store in a cool, dark place.
Shelf Life: 2 years
Babies & Children:
To keep your little one safe, for newborn to 24 months, we recommend that you always check with your pediatrician before introducing a new product to your baby’s routine. Our products have no specified age range; however, remember to store products well away from your infant and child.
Ultrasonic diffusers effectively enhance the air of any environment. We recommend that:
- Less is More: use less essential oils in ultrasonic diffusers
- Diffusion Time: diffuse essential oils for 30-60 minutes on, then 30-60 minutes off
- Air Flow: whenever you are using or diffusing essential oils, offer fresh air with an open window or door
You can use essential oils during pregnancy, but please consult your health care practitioner before use.
Using essential oils on pets:
The ability to tolerate essential oils is dependent on many factors, including plant species, product, dose, and route of application. Essential oil use cases show the most significant risk of toxicity is from direct skin application on your pet’s skin – these same cases also share that a large volume was applied directly and neat (pure without a carrier) to the pet’s skin. Knowing that there is a risk in using these oils to your pet’s fur or skin, we strongly recommend consultation with your veterinarian or animal care specialist prior to applying or exposure to any of our products.
If you’ve chosen to use essential oils around your pet, we first recommend taking note of your pets behavior, contacting your vet with any concerns, and the below list of R?t products that we feel are the most pet-friendly:
Single note essential oils:
- Clary Sage
Should you choose to use your ultrasonic diffuser in the presence of your pet, we recommend:
- Using only small amounts of essential oils. 1-5 drops are our recommendation
- Ensure the space is well ventilated with a window open slightly for fresh air
- Always keep a door open so that the animal can enter and exit the room easily
- Take note of how your pet responds at all times and if you notice your pet resisting an aroma, discontinue use and move them to a well-ventilated space
- Be particularly mindful of pets that are in cages or enclosed spaces (including birds and small rodents) as they cannot leave the room if they become uncomfortable
Domestic Shipping Policy (UAE): Shipment processing time
All orders are processed within 2-3 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays. Estimated delivery time 3-5 business days.
International Shipping Policy: Shipment processing time
All orders are processed within 2-3 business days. Orders are not shipped or delivered on weekends or holidays. Estimated delivery time 8-15 business days.
If we are experiencing a high volume of orders, shipments may be delayed by a few days. Please allow additional days in transit for delivery. If there will be a significant delay in shipment of your order, we will contact you via email or telephone.
View full shipping information and policy here: http://rutessentials.com/shipping-policy/