Keeping your home clean and tidy is essential – but it does come with a risk. All the chemical substances we use on a regular basis have an impact on our overall health overtime. Luckily, essential oils are an effective and natural way to clean around the house in a non-toxic way to protect your family (and keep your house smelling amazing too!)
And now, here’s a recipe you can easily prepare to create an all-natural, all-purpose cleaner spray to use around the house:
ALL-PURPOSE HOUSE CLEANER:
In a 16 oz. glass spray bottle, combine 1/4 cup white vinegar, 1 3/4 cups water, 30 drops essential oil. For the 30 drops, you can choose any of the below combos – whatever suits your smell preferences best.
Our favorite combos:
- 15 drops lavender oil and 15 drops lemon oil
- 10 drops eucalyptus oil, 10 drops peppermint oil, 10 drops sweet orange oil
- 15 drops grapefruit oil, 15 drops lavender oil
Bonus Recipe: Air Freshener
In an 8 oz. glass spray bottle of distilled water, add 7 drops sweet orange oil, 7 drops grapefruit oil and 7 drops lemon oil for a citrus blend. Shake well before each use.
Other options include:
- Citrus Mint: 15 drops of sweet orange and 15 drops of peppermint oil.
- Woody Lovers: 10 drops cedarwood oil and 10 drops sandalwood oil.
- My favorite: 10 drops jasmine oil, 10 drops rose oil and 5 drops ylang ylang oil.
We hope this helps you create a safe and non-toxic environment for you and your loved ones. Let us know your thoughts once you’ve tried our recipes!